Hello beautiful people!
Today I will be sharing my recipe of the peanut butter energy bites that are so delicious, healthy and most importantly very simple to make.
These little bliss balls are loaded with lots of nutritious benefits like fiber, protein and healthy fats that keep you full of energy throughout the day and reduce those hunger cravings. They are a perfect alternative snack for someone who is such a sweet tooth like me and best of all they are hassle free with no oven.
I have seen so many of these energy bites posted online with so many different ingredients that you can pick and choose from. I usually make a big batch of them each time because both my husband and I love to have them as a quick breakfast option, pre + post workout snack or even as a simple dessert.
The 6 ingredients I have used today include:
- 2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbs Nutella
- 2 Tbs Honey
- 1/2 Cup Mixed Nuts
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
All you do is combine all of those ingredients or any ingredient of your choice together in a large mixing bowl and mix mix mix.
Quick Tip: Place them in the fridge for about 15/20 mins so they can harden which will make them easier to roll into balls.
Once they have hardened a little, you can roll them into any shape you want. I usually do about 1 inch size balls making them easy to grab and go. With the ingredients listed above, I get around 20 bites. You can even spread it out in a baking stray and cut it just like oat bars!
Remember, you don’t have to stick to specific ingredients, change it about and be creative!
Alternative Ingredients could be:
- Any type of nut butter – almond, peanut, cashew or many more
- Different types of nuts, or even mixed nuts are great
- Chocolate chips could be dark, white, milk, mixture or none at all
- Different sweetners, I prefer honey but maple syrup or agave is also yum and vegan
- Coconut shavings
- Chia seeds, sunflower seeds, flaxseeds or any type of seeds you prefer
- Dried fruits such as cranberry, mango, banana or many others
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, any other spices
I hope you have enjoyed my little energy bites and make your own. They will become a favourite in your household I promise!
Thank you for reading and share with me your thoughts and your alternative ingredients!